Saturday, April 11, 2015

Family Friendly Farming Event

   


   As most of you already know, Pirate101 hosted very interested farming event on April 4th. Being THAT person who spends 80% of his gaming time to farm for various items of interest in the Spiral, I just had to attend. Now imagine my excitement when I got to share all this experience with my, really close ones.

   Last Monday, Pirate101 announced a farming event for National Pillow Fight Day for April 4th. The goal was to fight various creatures and bosses and acquire as many pillows as you can as a drop. Awesome right?! Here is the LINK where you can find more about this event.

  Now being a dedicated farmer in the Spiral I just had to attend, but being a grown up with lots of responsibilities I just couldn't afford to be 24 hours in front of my computer screen. This is where comes the Family part. We all are aware that both KI games are trying hard to make their games kid friendly and a safe place for a any person to be in. And they are doing an awesome job! Really, great job KI! Now, most of you know that me and Katherine De Bouff, or more known as NightSong89 from Twitter, are a couple and that we do everything together in the Spiral. What not many of you know is that we got a third member on our Pirate101 fleet recently, my seven years younger brother Stefan, known as Tireless Talon Thatcher. And that is how we decide to attend this event together as a family, holding each others back.

   We are in different time zone, seven hours apart from Central Standard Time, so I will include timings of both time zones.

   Here is a recap of how our day went by and how we experienced this farming event:

  • I was supposed to get up at 12:00 am CST (7:00 am local time)
  • I actually got up at 1:30 am CST (8:30 am local time)
  • After making breakfast and eating I logged in game on all our three characters approximately at 1:45 am CST (8:45 am local time)
  • My brother woke up somewhere around 4:00 am CST (11 am local time)
  • He took over the farming while I went to shower and took out my dog
  • I replaced him for half an hour till he finished with lunch and shower
  • At 7:00 am CST (2:00 pm local time) he took over while I went to Katherine, we had some obligations to attend to before we could join Stefan.
  • Now it is 12:00 pm CST (7:00 pm local time) and me and Katherine manage to finish with all our stuff, we ordered Chinese food and called Stefan over.
  • We took break for 30 minutes so we could eat together.
  • At approximately  12:45 pm CST (7:45 pm local time) we logged on our chars and continue to farm for pillows. This time all of us were included (my favorite part).
  • After hours of farming I started to feel exhausted and only the thought of us going through this together kept me going.
  • Now it is 7:00 pm CST (2:00 am local time), me and Stefan had to go home and continue from there. On the way home we stopped at local market and bought some snacks and soda. Good thing that our home and Katherine's home is 5 minutes apart. We were home really fast.
  • After getting home and taking my dog out again, we continue to farm together. It is 7:30 pm CST (2:30 am Local time) now.
  • 9:45 pm CST (4:45 am local time) HEAD DESK! I bumped really hard too.
  • 9:47 pm CST (4:47 am local time) Another head desk. Grrrr Just a little more.
  • 9:50 pm CST (4:50 am local time) Head desk!!! That's it from me, I am tired and can't go on anymore.
  • Stefan took over. I fell asleep at 10 pm CST (5:00 am local time), and that is the last thing I remember.
   Stefan did manage to stay awake till 12:00 am CST (7:00 am local time), and I am sure there were couple of head desks from himself too.

  After I woke up this was waiting for me in front of my computer screen.



  NightSong89 even made an interesting table of creatures who drop the pillows, during our farming session, based on Wiki Central information.



   Very interesting experience. I am looking forward to more similar farming events! Congrats Two-Faced Anne for winning the 2nd Pillow Event, and congrats to everyone who participated. I hope you all had fun. The result can be found on THIS link.

   Don't forget that you can always keep track of my current farming spots and progress at #FarmingWithDuncan hashtag or on THIS link. 

"If you want to farm, farm with Duncan style" - Duncan StormThief



No comments:

Post a Comment